Friday, July 10, 2009

Just checkin' things out

Went to my brown suit interview today. 96 kms round trip. Lots of traffic because of Indy road closures. Hot. Brown suit was a trooper today. Frankly....so was I.

Before I even sat down, it was explained to me that "the company is really big on promoting from within, and honestly...there's an internal candidate who has been interviewing for this role. There have been 4 meetings with this candidate already and....it's not a done deal yet, but it's really close. I just wanted to meet with you though in case anything else comes up".

At what point am I allowed to say "are you for fucking real????"

Kinda like a date where one person says "honestly, I've been seeing someone for about a month already, but wanted to check you out in case it doesn't work."

You may be appalled that this might happen but...ehem.....I've actually done it. I didn't so much utter the words, but if you've played the online dating game you'll understand. There are so many fish in the cyber sea that one usually has a few 'opportunities' in the net at all times. After Brian and I started to date, I did meet with one other gentleman that I had already started the dance with, but he wasn't a match for my Fred Astaire :) (okay...that was cheesy). And before you chastise ME...he did the same. That's just the way it works sometimes. No need to get your knickers in a knot.

My 'file' has been added to yet another cabinet. hooray! Things on the job front are lookin....pretty much the same way they were lookin yesterday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

giggle. For the record though..I am shocked you are still looking for work, but you know that already. ANd besides, while you suffer, we get to giggle along the way:) How mean! But I say that with love and knowing you will find something that truly makes you happy. So there.

Unknown said...

Very good (especially the last line). Like the parallel. You can definitely write.